Devon Gadberry Productions Logo

The Process

Here is my first official creation in After Effects. During my research, I focused on finding a look that fit my personality and looked professional.

The design of the logo shape was the most difficult. After finding the font to create it, I modified the 'G' to make it more legible. Having to use a shape object instead of a type object created some issues in implementing the 3-D look of the logo. After a bit of experimentation, I used duplicate layers of the object and adjusted the size and position to imitate the 3-D look.

Since this project was my first real attempt in After Effects, I fully immersed myself in tutorials and worked for many hours trying to understand some of the basic elements. I took a course on Lynda.com over winter break to understand all the different tools. Learning the basics on my own helped during the semester creating these types of projects.

Pre-Production Documents